What’s Your Favorite Holiday Cookie?

Forums Holiday Cookies What’s Your Favorite Holiday Cookie?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Mine is what I’ve always heard called Mexican Christmas Cookies—those crumbly, rich, nut-studded spheres studded with crunchy walnut pieces. (I’ve also heard them called wedding cookies.) What are your favorites?

Anonymous

Got to say, though, that Wolfgang’s recipes here for his mother’s holiday gingerbread cookies and Linzer cookies look like they could become new favorites!

betty lin
    Participant

Sugar Cookies!

Anonymous

I always loved my mom’s sugar cookies. They were so simple and light. But then again, at the holidays, as long as it doesn’t taste like fruitcake, I’m pretty down with it!

Anything seasoned with winter spices (i.e., gingerbread) and iced.

Anonymous

I also love what my family refers to as wedding bells. It’s dense, white,round like a tiny meatball, and has walnuts or pecans in the center. Then rolled in powered sugar while still warm to get a nice thick coating. Yum!

Anonymous

Sugar cookies rolled thin like mom made. I cannot replicate. Would also like to learn how to use Wolfgang’s cookie press. Maybe he will include technique and recipes sometime.

They’re these little pinwheels called angel wings. They are fantastic but such a pain to make.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.